We've been working hard to bring your tools that cut time spent programming. Seriously, you should now be able to design a training session in less than a minute with the click of your mouse.
Here's What's New:
New program designer
- The ability to add different types of training blocks
- Easy to read session summaries
- More flexible navigation from day to day
- Savable schemes with drop downs for draining effect/loads
- Element drop downs for easy selection/discovery
- The ability to tag elements to drive exercise selection and program analysis
- Exercises, circuits, complexes, metcons all in one place
- Multiple programs on one calendar
- 1:1 Calendars
- Higher performance and speed
- Auto schedule sessions, weeks, and full programs
- Faster loading of programs with more contextual info
- Easier to read and see full weeks of programming
- Track session duration + time in blocks
- Simplified calendar interactions
- Create on calendars, export to program library
Glossary of terms:
- Exercises - are the pieces that make up training sessions and include benchmarks and movements.
- Blocks - can be a singular exercise or a group of exercises. Trying to get your athletes in shape? Schedule a conditioning block. Looking to have them build strength? Schedule a strength/power block.
- Sessions - Formerly referred to as a workout, this is a series of training Blocks scheduled for one day. At TrainHeroic, we believe in training for a goal, not simply working out. This may feel like a move in lingo, but it’s an expression of our mission to help you be your best. You won’t see the word “Workout” around these parts anymore.
- Program - is a series of sessions. A program could be several days in length to 52 weeks. Click here for more information on Programs.
Update your library for faster programming:
If you've had your account for a while, you'll want to update your library by categorizing your exercises and saved blocks.
Here's why: Once your library is updated, you can use the saved pieces to build your workout. Going forward, simply mix up the pre-made exercises and you'll never have to build the same thing twice. By investing a few minutes to create your library, you'll save loads of time when building any training session.
Here's How to start updating your library:
View your current library by selecting the Library button from the left-hand navigation bar.
Next, select "Exercises" from the top of the page. From here, click on the name of the movement that you'd like to update.
On the right-hand side of the page, add any tags that apply to that particular movement. For example, you may want to tag the movement as lower-body and as a lift. You can create new tags by typing and selecting the enter key.
New to CoachHeroic? Save your elements, and rep schemes and tag new exercises as they are created.