Coach, welcome to TrainHeroic. Before you get started, there are a couple of things to take care of...
If you haven't already, you should absolutely schedule an intro session with our team. An intro session is a completely free 1:1 session that allows you to get your questions answered so that you fully understand how to use the platform to meet your training needs.
Before you get started, you should be up to speed on the following:
- Create Teams for your athletes. This could be 1 central team for all of your athletes or a few teams, perhaps splitting athletes into groups based on skill level or training age.
- Decide if you'll access programming from TrainHeroic's program library, expert programs from the marketplace, or perhaps you'll create your own. Update each team's calendar with workouts or a training program. This is your role as the coach. Each team has a training calendar and each athlete on the team will have access to that team's training calendar. Be sure that you keep this up to date so that athletes can access their training and log their numbers.
- Invite athletes to your team. You can send email invites to your athletes, give them a direct link to click and join your team, or create and give them an access code so that they can search for your team and join it.
- Develop a gameplan for how you'll deliver the training program to your athletes. You have options and depending on your training environment, one option will work best. One option is to have athletes bring their own device to the weight room so that they can log their numbers. Another option is to have a few computers at the entrance of the weightroom with the Team Workout Interface loaded so that athletes can check in and check out by reviewing their workout and logging their numbers. You can even print workouts for each athlete on your team. Many coaches use a hybrid of these three methods.
- Set expectations for your team. Very clearly explain how the team will use TrainHeroic. Set the expectation that each athlete will be responsible to view and log their training each and every day.
- Most importantly, you will need to do your part to hold athletes accountable to logging their numbers. Review the participation analytics to see who is doing their part and who is not logging their numbers. Reviewing yesterday's leaderboard before each training session is an excellent way to quickly spot top performers as well as any athlete that has not logged their training.
The Performance Team's role and goal is to make sure that you and the staff fully leverage TrainHeroic to win each day that you train. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our team if we can be helpful in any way. Send us an email anytime to email@example.com.