Drop your videos into the group chat, or Session Comments to receive a form check from your coach.
We encourage all athletes to share videos with their coaches for form check, or just to get some credit for all the hard work you've been doing!
There are 2 places you can share videos, and we'll cover both options below:
- Post a video through TH Chat, for general form check
- Post a video to Session Comments, for a specific session
Note: Videos are capped at 1 minute in length and will be available for 30 days. For longer videos, we recommend uploading them to YouTube and dropping the link in the chat.
For instructions to upload your videos to YouTube, skip ahead.
Post a video through TH Chat:
Your coach may have office hours and request that you post videos to the chat, or you may just want some general feedback on a lift that's not necessarily related to a recent session. In this case, we recommend you post your video through TH Chat.
- Log into the mobile app and select the chat icon in your bottom navigation
- Select the group you'd like to post your video to (Note: If you're receiving individualized programming from a coach, you'll also have the option to direct message them)
- Select the camera icon to take a video, or upload one from your library
Post a video to Session Comments:
For form check videos that are specific to a particular session, we recommend posting those to the Session Comments at the top of the training session.
Posting to the Session Comments at the top of your session will share the post with your coach and teammates, if you're on a team.
Here's what that looks like:
To post in Session Comments:
1. Navigate to the session in your training calendar
2. From the top of the session, select 'Comment on Session' if you're the first to post, or 'View All Comments' to open the thread
3. Select the camera icon to take a video, or upload one from your library
Note: Your video will be compressed and processed. Please allow a moment for your video to finish processing.
4. Add a comment and select 'Send'
Upload longer videos to YouTube:
For longer videos, you can upload the video to youtube and post the link to TH Chat or Session Comments.
1. Upload your video to YouTube
First, you'll want to upload your video to YouTube. Use the privacy setting "Unlisted" or "Public." Private videos will not be available for your coach to view.
Pro Tip: We recommend using the YouTube mobile app, this way you'll simply record the video directly from the app.
2. Copy the URL link
Once you've uploaded your video to YouTube, copy the URL link for your video.
3. Paste the URL into the Chat or Session Comments
From your TrainHeroic mobile app, select Chat from the menu to post to the group chat or direct message your coach, or head to the Session Comments of a training session.
Paste in the video link and include a message for your coach too.
YouTube videos will embed in the chat or comments for your coach to review. They will also always be there for you to review and do not expire like uploaded videos.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.