Create a Library of custom Exercises, with your own demo videos.
Create Exercises on the fly while building a session, or ahead of time from the Library. When creating a New Exercise, you will be able to include your own custom demonstration video. You'll also be able to edit the Exercises you've created anytime from the Library.
This article will cover creating Exercises:
Note: You will need to be using the web application from a computer to create New Exercises.
While building a Session:
After adding a block to a session, select the "New Exercise" option shown below.
From the Library:
1. Select Library from your left-hand navigation.
2. Then select 'Exercises'
3. Use the dropdown pictures above to switch between 'All Exercises,' and 'My Exercises.'
Note: The Exercise Library includes all TrainHeroic Exercises, along with any custom Exercises that you've added to your Library. The TrainHeroic Library is shared with all coaches, however your personal Exercises are private.
4. Select Create Exercise on the right-hand side of the page to create a custom Exercise
Add Exercise Details in 5 Steps:
Once you've selected 'Create Exercise' it's time to setup your Exercise, including your custom video.
1. Give your Exercise a unique name
2. Add a video, by pasting a YouTube or Vimeo link into the video field
We are compatible with both YouTube and Vimeo hyperlinks only.
Note: Youtube links will need to be "Public" or "Unlisted" and all Vimeo links must be "Public." The link should be fore a single video as the player is not designed to handle playlists.
Pro Tip: We recommend using the YouTube mobile app to record your videos from your phone. This will upload your videos directly to your YouTube account, and will save you the step of later uploading your videos from your phone to YouTube.
3. Set Default Parameters
These Parameters will inform your prescriptions when you're building a session, so that you don't need to set these each time you add this Exercise.
With lifts, always set the Parameters to 'Reps,' then 'Weight.' This helps us to identify your Exercise as a lift, or an Exercise with a working max. This is especially important for using Analytics, or prescribing percentages of an athlete's working max.
With nonlifts, you're only required to set Parameter 1. We'd encourage you to choose a Parameter that you'll use for prescriptions and tracking purposes. For example, you may choose to set your first Parameter to 'Seconds' for 40 yard dash.
Note: With nonlifts, the 1st Parameter will serve as a prescription and will be the primary tracking metric.
4. Set 'Reference Max' and 'Track As' (Optional/advanced)
Note: Both options reference the TrainHeroic Library only.
'Reference Max' will inform the system which max to look at when you prescribe percentages. For example, if you want this lift to pull from the TrainHeroic Back Squat max, select Back Squat here.
'Track As' will combine history for an Exercise. In other words, data logged for the custom Exercise will influence the history, PRs, and working maxes of the TrainHeroic Exercise.
5. Add Tags (Optional)
Tags categorize your exercises. These tags will be visible for you to select as a filter to narrow your search when adding an Exercise to a session.
You'll be able to edit these Exercises anytime by simply heading to the Exercise Library, and selecting an Exercise from the list to re-open the Exercise Details drawer.
Creating New Exercises on Mobile:
While searching through the Exercise Library, you'll also have the option to create a new exercise.
To create a new exercise, select 'New Exercise' from the Exercise Library search.
To setup your new exercise:
- Give the Exercise a unique name
- Choose the parameters you'd like to track
- For lifts, choose reps and weight
- For non-lifts, we'll track the first parameter
- Paste a YouTube video link to include a video
- Select 'Browse YouTube' to search for videos
- To copy a link from YouTube, select the 'Share' option from YouTube, then 'Copy Link'
- Include instructions, tips, or friendly form reminders in 'Instructions'
Once you've included the information above, select 'Create New' to add the new exercise to your Library.
- Why aren't my exercise videos visible to my athletes?
- As a coach, how can I edit my saved Exercises?
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.