Scale your online coaching business by becoming a seller in the TrainHeroic Marketplace.
Below we'll cover:
- What is the TrainHeroic Marketplace?
- How to Get Access to Marketplace Settings
- Matching Fees & Attributions
- Payout Information
- Athlete Billing & Additional Information
- Cancelling Your Coach Plan
- Terms for Marketplace Sellers
What is the TrainHeroic Marketplace?
The TrainHeroic Marketplace is the virtual addition to your gym you’ve been looking for. This is an opportunity to sell your programming to a large network of athletes, to extend the walls of your gym (virtually), and reach athletes across the globe.
With Marketplace, in addition to your current coach tool kit, you'll have access to:
- Integrated billing for seamless athlete sign-ups
- Analytics for new trials and sales
How to gain access to Marketplace Settings and start selling:
In order to ensure quality for our coaches and athletes, your Marketplace Settings must be enabled by a member of our team.
Please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
In order for your request to be considered:
- You must have an active paid Coach Plan to participate in the Marketplace (trials excluded)
- Requests must come from the head coach of the account, from the email address associated with your coach account and payments will only be made to the head coach
Once we receive a completed marketplace application form and enable your Marketplace Settings for your account, you're off to the races
Matching Fees & Attributions:
Marketplace fees are dependent on whether the sale was driven through your attribution links, or by TrainHeroic.
- There is NO additional cost to have your Marketplace Settings enabled, or to put a Team or Program in the Marketplace
- Any Team or Program sales that we direct through Marketplace Match will have a 30% fee based on the purchase price + bank fees of 2.9% and $0.30
- Team subscription sales generated through your attribution links will be $1/month for each subscription plus 2.9% + $0.30 in bank fees
- Program sales are $1/month in length + $0.30 bank fees
- For example, a 4-week program is $1 + bank fees and an 8-week program would be $2 + fees
For more information on Marketplace Match and setting up your attribution links to receive credit for your self-driven sales, check out the resource below:
- You'll be paid on the 15th of each month, for the prior month's sales via PayPal (no minimum required!)
Athlete Billing & Additional Information:
There are 2 formats in which programming can be sold:
- Team are monthly (or annual) subscriptions, which auto-renew
- Teams provide athletes with dynamic programming on a live calendar, for a virtual community of like-minded athletes to train together
- Teams require a commitment to provide continuous, dynamic programming week to week
- ALL Team subscriptions begin with a 7-day free trial (no exceptions)
- Programs are one-time purchase for a fixed-length of programming for athletes to train independently
- For example, you can sell 6 weeks of programming, providing a start and end date
- You'll choose the price for your Teams and Programs (minimums apply)
- Athletes are billed immediately on sign-up and will be able to cancel their subscription in-app at anytime
- If they cancel their subscription, the athlete will lose access to your programming and messaging at the end of their billing cycle
- TrainHeroic manages all aspects athlete billing through the Marketplace, including fielding athlete billing questions, team switches, as well as any technical support for your paying athletes
- Marketplace athletes can email support@trainheroic for billing and technical support
- Note: Refunds will be at our discretion
- You do NOT need to pay for athlete seats upfront if you're planning on selling through the Marketplace - you're only required to purchase a Coach Plan for $9.99/month!
Note: All marketplace prices will be listed in US Dollars. Any conversions for foreign transactions will be done by the purchaser's bank.
Cancelling your Coach Plan
While we'd love for you to coach with us forever, we understand that things change. If you ever need to cancel your Coach Plan with TrainHeroic, you are required to provide 30 days notice. This allows us time to remove your teams and programs from the Marketplace, for athletes to receive their final full month of programming that they paid for, and to reconcile any refunds for annual subscriptions.
June 1st - Provide email request to Support@trainheroic.com to have your Coach Plan cancelled. We will remove your programming from the Marketplace at this time to ensure that no new athletes sign up as well as set any paid team subscriptions to cancel-pend so that the athlete is not charged again. You will continue programming for any existing teams.
June 10th - Your Coach Plan renews and this will be your final payment
July 10th - Your Coach Plan is cancelled and you no longer have access to your Coach account
July 15th - You will receive your final payout if there is a remaining balance
Terms for Marketplace Sellers:
By selling in the TrainHeroic Marketplace, you're agreeing to the Terms below.
- Using your own custom programming
- Using TrainHeroic pre-built programming or another coaches programming may result in a loss of sales and permanent removal from the Marketplace
- Programming must be delivered via TrainHeroic
- Keeping your programming current
- You're required to publish programming for the current day/week (as well as all past programming), though we recommend allowing your athletes to view up to a week in advance as best practice - remember, you can have athletes from all over the world in different time zones!
- Un-publishing programming from past weeks will result in removal from the Marketplace (paying athletes will only have access to programming from their start date forward)
- Teams launched in the Marketplace prior to having published programming are subject to removal
- Creating programming and providing services that accurately reflect your advertisements and descriptions
- If you advertise 3 sessions per week, you're required to publish 3 sessions per week through TrainHeroic
- Being responsive to athletes questions via TH Chat
- We recommend 24hr response time (or less) for best results
Note: Terms are subject to change by the discretion of TrainHeroic. Last updated August 2021.
Noncompliance with Marketplace terms will result in removal from the Marketplace, and potential loss of sales.
- Selling Teams Vs. Programs
- Set Up Your Marketplace Page
- Making Money in the Marketplace: Tips for Success
Questions? Contact email@example.com.