Learn how TrainHeroic Marketplace payments work and about our seller terms.
Below we'll cover:
- Matching Fees & Attributions
- TrainHeroic's Matching Service
- Payout Information
- Athlete Billing & Additional Information
- Terms for Marketplace Sellers
Fees & Attributions:
You'll set the sales price for your programming. Marketplace fees are dependent on whether the sale was driven through your attribution links, or by TrainHeroic.
- There is NO additional cost to have your Marketplace Settings enabled, or to put a Team or Program in the Marketplace
- Any Team or Program sales that we direct through Marketplace Match will have a 30% fee based on the purchase price + bank fees of 2.9% and $0.30
- Team subscription sales generated through your attribution links will be $1/month for each subscription plus 2.9% + $0.30 in bank fees
- Program sales are $1/month in length + one time bank fees of (2.9% + $0.30)
- For example, a 4-week program is $1 + bank fees and an 8-week program would be $2 +bank fees
For more information on Marketplace Match and setting up your attribution links to receive credit for your self-driven sales, check out the resource here: Marketplace Matching and Attributions.
TrainHeroic's Matching Service:
As a TrainHeroic Marketplace seller, you'll get the benefit of participating in TrainHeroic's Matching service, where TrainHeroic will drive traffic and sales toward the Marketplace, some of which may decide to purchase a subscription to your Team or buy your program.
If, and only if, TrainHeroic makes a sale for you (we call these "Matches) you'll keep 70% of that sale, less the bank's credit card processing fees, instead of the typical $1 per month per member (for teams) or the typical $1 per month of programming (for programs)
Marketplace fees are dependent on whether the sale was attributed to your unique sales link.
Any sales not attributed to your unique sales link are attributed as a Match made for you by TrainHeroic.
- You'll be paid on the 15th of each month, for the prior month's sales via PayPal (no minimum required!)
- For example, January sales will be paid out on February 15th, February sales will be paid out on March 15th and so on.
- Payments will be received on the 15th by the end of the day.
- PayPal email updates must be updated on your organization page by the 5th of the month in order to receive payment to that account by the 15th.
Athlete Billing & Additional Information:
There are 2 formats in which programming can be sold:
- Teams are monthly (or annual) subscriptions, which auto-renew
- Teams provide athletes with dynamic programming on a live calendar, for a virtual community of like-minded athletes to train together
- Teams require a commitment to provide continuous, dynamic programming week to week
- You may choose to have your Team subscriptions begin with a 7-day free trial or opt out
- Programs are one-time purchase for a fixed-length of programming for athletes to train independently
- For example, you could sell a 6 weeks program and the athlete would choose their own start date or end date
- You'll choose the price for your Teams and Programs (minimums apply)
- Athletes are billed upon sign-up and will be able to cancel their subscription in-app at anytime
- If they cancel their subscription, the athlete will lose access to your programming and messaging at the end of their billing cycle
- TrainHeroic manages all aspects athlete billing through the Marketplace, including fielding athlete billing questions, team switches, as well as any technical support for your paying athletes
- Marketplace athletes can email email@example.com for billing and technical support
- Note: Refunds will be at our discretion
- You do NOT need to pay for athlete seats upfront if you're planning on selling through the Marketplace - you're only required to purchase a Coach Plan for $9.99/month!
Note: All marketplace prices will be listed in US Dollars. Any conversions for foreign transactions will be done by the purchaser's bank.
Terms for Marketplace Sellers:
By selling in the TrainHeroic Marketplace, you're agreeing to the Terms below.
- Using your own custom programming
- Using TrainHeroic pre-built programming or another coaches programming may result in a loss of sales and permanent removal from the Marketplace
- Programming must be delivered via TrainHeroic
- Keeping your programming current
- You're required to publish programming for the current day/week (as well as all past programming). We recommend allowing your athletes to view up to a week in advance as best practice - remember, you can have athletes from all over the world in different time zones!
- Un-publishing programming from past weeks will result in removal from the Marketplace (paying athletes will only have access to programming from their start date forward)
- Teams launched in the Marketplace prior to having published programming are subject to removal
- Teams that are missing programming for a week or more are subject to removal and potentially athlete refunds.
- Creating programming and providing services that accurately reflect your advertisements and descriptions
- If you advertise 3 sessions per week, you're required to publish 3 sessions per week through TrainHeroic
- Being responsive to athletes questions via TH Chat
- We recommend 24hr response time (or less) for best results
- Notify Support@TrainHeroic with 30-days notice before ending team programming
- We will cancel existing athlete subscriptions for you. Deleting a team or removing it from the Marketplace does not automatically cancel paid subscriptions
Note: Terms are subject to change by the discretion of TrainHeroic. Last updated August 2022.
Noncompliance with Marketplace terms will result in removal from the Marketplace, and potential loss of sales.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.