Gain more control over your athlete's percentage-based programming within a cycle by testing or updating their working maxes.
Once a particular movement is "tested" or manually updated, TrainHeroic will NOT adjust that athlete's max for that movement again, unless the movement is re-tested or manually updated. Testing allows you as the coach to have more control over your percentage based programming within a cycle, and between testing days.
Note: If testing isn't part of your regular routine, and you'd prefer to have the athlete's working max automatically update as they train, you can bypass testing.
We'll automatically update the athlete's working max as they train if the athlete has never been "tested."
There are a few ways to update athlete's maxes:
1. Program a "Testing Session," to reset the athlete's working max and integrate testing directly into their programming
Below is a video on how to program a Testing Day:
2. Manually adjust an athlete's working max from the Athlete Account drawer:
3. Athletes can also adjust their maxes on their own.
4. Use Spreadsheets to input baseline working maxes for your athletes, or test and retest the same group of athletes and benchmarks. We recommend this option for nonlifts only.
Note: Estimated 1RM are calculated directly from the NSCA load chart, based on the best effort of 15 reps or less.
- Managing Your Athletes' Accounts
- Best Practices: 5 Tips For Successful Programming
- Analytics for Lifts & Working Maxes
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.