You’ve chosen a platform that offers loads of flexibility and allows you to run your training sessions the way you want. With so many options, we’d like to offer some suggestions and best practices that will help you save time programming and keep your athletes excited about tracking their progress.
Programming for Success
When athletes have too much to track during one session, they are less likely to log, leaving you with little to no data. Fortunately, we have a few tips to keep the sessions simple, while still allowing you to collect the data you need:
1. Track Key Movements
- Use Circuit Blocks for movements that you don't need to track and Exercise Blocks for lifts you’d like to track more closely.
2. Save time with copy/paste and repeat
- Instead of building each session from scratch, copy single sessions or even weeks at a time and edit as needed.
3. Be Prescriptive
- Fill out exercise tables as much as possible. By using LWP or Weight % as your second parameter, you can save time when programming and make it easier for your athlete to log their session.
4. Limit Session Blocks
- We suggest programming 10 or fewer blocks. This means less clicking and scrolling for your athletes.
5. Preview Your Sessions (and don't forget to Publish)
- Hit the preview button to review the session before your athletes do. It's a great way to check your work and familiarize yourself with the athlete experience.
Important features you should know about:
- Testing and Updating Athletes’ Maxes
- Programming for Individual Athletes
- Exercises vs. Circuits
- Using the mobile app to review athlete sessions
If you need a spot with programming, please contact our Customer Success team at email@example.com.