You’ve chosen a platform that offers loads of flexibility and allows you to run your training sessions the way you want. With so many options, we’d like to offer some suggestions and best practices that will provide tips for saving time while programming and keeping your athletes excited about tracking their progress.
Programming for Success
When athletes have too much to track during one session, they are less likely to log, leaving you with little to no data.
Fortunately, we have a few tips to keep the sessions simple, while still allowing you to collect the data you need:
- Limit Session Blocks
- We suggest programming 10 or fewer blocks. This means less clicking and scrolling for your athletes.
- Track Key Movements
- Use Circuit Blocks for movements that you don't need to track and Exercise Blocks for lifts you’d like to track more closely.
- For Group Training- Program 1 Leaderboard Section per day
- Preview the Session from your mobile app
- Log into the mobile app with your coach login credentials and check out the session before your athletes do. It's a great way to check your work and get an understanding for the athlete experience.
Let your athletes know what to expect
- Establish a regular time when you will program sessions
- The standard for most coaches is to program 1-2 weeks ahead.
- Keep your programming up to date!
- Nothing makes athletes drop off faster than when they go to log a session and find an empty training calendar.
Important features you should know about:
- Testing and Updating Athletes’ Maxes
- Programming for Individual Athletes
- Exercises vs. Circuits
- Using the mobile app to review athlete sessions
If you need a spot with programming, please contact our Customer Success team at email@example.com.