While you're weighing your options, it's important to keep your athletes' experience in mind and what type of relationship you're trying to foster.
We recommend that all coaches assign Programs directly to an athlete's 1:1 calendar, rather than providing an athlete with the Program Access Code.
Below we'll describe both options, and the experience that creates for both you and your athlete.
Assigning a Program directly to the athlete's calendar
When you're programming for an individual, assigning a Program directly to an athlete's 1:1 calendar will kick-off a tight feedback loop between you and your athlete.
Here's what's included with a 1:1 relationship, as a result of programming directly on an athlete's 1:1 calendar:
- The ability to manage the athlete's training, should you like to made any edits to their programming on web or mobile
- Immediate feedback, including notifications related to the athlete's activity and session summaries through Coach Home
- Direct messaging between you and your athlete through TH Chat Direct Message
If you're seeking a 1:1 relationship with your athlete with a tight feedback loop, click HERE to learn how to assign Programs to your athlete's calendar.
Providing Program access via the Access Code
When you give an athlete a Program Access Code or add the Program to their Account from the athlete Account drawer, you are giving them full Program access. In essence, they're training independently.
What does that mean in terms of their (and your) experience?
- The athlete will have full access to your Program, with the autonomy to choose their own start date and manage their training
- This also means that you will NOT be able to edit or remove any copies of the Program from their calendar
- As a coach, you won't receive feedback around your athlete's training activity, including notifications and session summaries through Coach Home)
- The athlete will NOT be able to contact you directly through TH Chat Direct Message, though they will be able to message a Program channel (Program Messaging)
- The athlete will NOT have access to your custom Exercise Library for swapping Exercises
You may wonder, why is this option available?
Here's the exception
Program Access Codes are simply a way for Marketplace coaches to give away FREE access to a Program. They're not intended to be used with athletes that you're coaching 1:1.
Note: Your athletes will always be able to reschedule sessions on their end, should they need more flexibility in their training schedule! Keep in close touch with your athletes as training plans change via TH Chat.
- Programming for Individual Athletes
- Creating Programs
- Assigning Programs to your Team or athlete
- Access Codes
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.