Below we'll describe your options for giving specific programs to your athletes, and the experience that creates for both you and your athlete.
In general, we recommend that all coaches assign Programs directly to an athlete's 1:1 calendar, rather than providing an athlete with the Program Access Code, but there are instances when you may choose another option depending on the type of relationship you're trying to foster.
Below we'll cover:
- Assigning a program directly to the athlete's calendar
- Providing access with a program Access Code
- Giving out a access codes for Marketplace trials
Assigning a Program directly to the athlete's calendar:
When you're programming for an individual, assigning a Program directly to an athlete's 1:1 calendar will kick-off a tight feedback loop between you and your athlete.
Here's what's included with a 1:1 relationship, as a result of programming directly on an athlete's 1:1 calendar:
- The ability to manage the athlete's training, should you like to made any edits to their programming on web or mobile
- Immediate feedback, including notifications related to the athlete's activity and session summaries through Coach Home
- Notifications for when athletes complete 1:1 sessions
- Direct messaging between you and your athlete through TH Chat Direct Message
- Low programming notifications via Needs Programming
- When an athlete is archived, they will lose access to their 1:1 programming, including any Programs you've assigned directly to their calendar
If you're seeking a 1:1 relationship with your athlete with a tight feedback loop, click HERE to learn how to assign Programs to your athlete's calendar.
Providing Program access via the Access Code:
When you give an athlete a Program Access Code or add the Program to their Account from the athlete Account drawer, you are giving them full Program access. In essence, they're training independently.
What does that mean in terms of their (and your) experience?
- The athlete will have full access to your Program, with the autonomy to choose their own start date and manage their training
- When an athlete is archived, they will NOT automatically lose access to your Program
- While you will be able to edit (and delete) individual sessions, you will not have bulk editing options
- As a coach, you won't receive feedback around your athlete's training activity, including notifications and session summaries through Coach Home)
- As a coach, your will NOT receive notifications when they complete a session
- The athlete will NOT be able to contact you directly through TH Chat Direct Message, though they will be able to message a Program channel (Program Messaging)
- The athlete's Session Comments will be private to them
- The athlete will NOT have access to your custom Exercise Library for swapping Exercises
- As a coach, you will NOT receive low programming notifications for when the Program is one week out from the last session
In both scenarios, you will be able to review athlete's training data through Analytics.
You may wonder, why is this option available?
Here's the exception:
Program Access Codes are simply a way for Marketplace coaches to give away FREE access to a Program. They're not intended to be used with athletes that you're coaching 1:1.
Note: Your athletes will always be able to reschedule sessions on their end, should they need more flexibility in their training schedule! Keep in close touch with your athletes as training plans change via TH Chat.
- Programming for Individual Athletes
- Creating Programs
- Assigning Programs to your Team or athlete
- Access Codes
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.