Once your coach account is marketplace enabled, it's time to start selling!
This article will discuss the differences between selling Team subscriptions and Programs.
Below we'll cover:
Selling Team Subscriptions:
Team subscriptions are the most lucrative, as athletes are billed with a recurring monthly or annual subscription. Teams also require more effort to maintain than Programs because you're required to keep dynamic programming up to date, and be responsive to athletes' messages.
Teams are a commitment. They provide ongoing coaching and programming, with no set expiration date.
With a Team, you can:
- Leverage your dynamic programming on a single calendar for a group of athletes
- Use Leaderboards and TH Chat to drive engagement
- Increase your chance for retention and revenue based on reoccurring monthly and annual athlete subscriptions
- Vary your offerings based on training goals or ability level, so athletes can switch teams based on their current needs and set achievable training goals that keep them under your organization
For the athlete:
- They'll receive a 7-day free trial, unless you opt out
- They'll be jumping in with the rest of the Team on the current date (for this reason, we recommend positioning multiple teams to accommodate different training levels)
- They'll have access to all programming published from their start date moving forward on the Team's calendar (present and future sessions) for as long as they are an active member
- They will have access to Leaderboards, your custom exercise library and group messaging while they are an active member
- They will be billed monthly or annually
Note: The minimum sale price for Teams is $10/month, $100/year.
Programs are a one-time purchase, and therefore do not generate recurring revenue. Programs require less effort to maintain, since they're not continuously updated.
Programs represent a fixed cycle of programming, and therefore less of a commitment in terms of programming. In terms of coaching, you'll still be responsible for maintaining responsive feedback through the Program group chat.
Programs allow you to:
- Build fix-length programming to position around a specific training goal (no need to keep updating programming!)
- Provide goal-specific programming, to be completed in a consecutive order
- Provide programming options to athletes who prefer an independent training environment
Note: Sessions completed by athletes on a purchased Program will NOT show up on your Coach Home Activity Feed, and therefore will NOT be your best option for assisted 1:1 training.
For the athlete:
- They will be billed a one-time flat rate at the time of sign-up
- They will have lifetime access and can use the program as many times as they'd like
- They will place their Program on their calendar, according to their own schedule (choose a start date for the program: for athletes)
- They will be training independently, with an option to message you through the Program group feed
- They will have access to your exercise library for the duration of the program +1 week. For example a 4 week program purchase will grant access to your exercise library for 5 weeks.
When an athlete purchases a Program, they are automatically Archived after the duration of the Program (in months) + 1 week. For example, if an athlete purchases a 10 week program on 1/1/2024, the athlete will be archived in 3 months + 1 week on 4/8/2024. Athletes will still have access to their programming however they will NOT have access to the chat features or custom exercises after being archived.
Note: The minimum sale price for Programs is $15.
- The Best Model for Marketplace Sales: Leveraging Teams
- Marketplace Seller Terms & Important Information
- Marketplace Quick Start Guide
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Article is closed for comments.