Are you looking for a way to plan, record, and track your own training sessions?
Whether you're training independently, or squeezing in a bonus session on a rest day, create and record your own training sessions to keep track of your progress.
If you're working with a coach, any sessions you create will automatically be shared with your coach.
Below, we'll cover:
- How to plan a session
- How to create and log a session on the fly
- How to add an exercise to a scheduled session
- How to create a New Exercise
- How to copy your custom sessions
How to Plan a Session:
As an athlete, you'll have the option to plan a training session, should you like to map out your session prior to training. Planning a training session does not kick-off the session timer, and allows you to return to start the session at a later time.
To Plan a Session:
1. Log into the TrainHeroic Mobile app
2. Select the blue 'Add' menu button, and select 'Plan Session'
2. Next, search for the exercise(s) you'd like to add, tap on the name from the list and select 'Add,' or 'Superset' if you'd like to superset all the selected exercises
3. Select an Exercise from the list to add sets, reps, and any other metrics you're planning
Note: You can adjust the parameters by selecting the menu. In the case below, we may change Inches to 'time.'
Close out the session planner by selecting the arrow in the upper left-hand corner, or swipe right to continue onto the next exercise to plan your metrics.
You'll now be able to begin logging by selecting 'Start Session' once you're ready to get to work.
How to Log a Session on the Fly:
If you're ready to simply start logging a session, or you want to record an activity you've already completed, select 'Log Session.' Log session will kick-off your session timer, and begin a training session right away.
To log a session on the fly, or record an activity you've already completed:
1. Select the blue 'Add' button, then 'Log Session'
2. Complete your Readiness Survey, then start building your session by selecting 'Add Exercise'
3. Next, search for the exercise(s) you'd like to add, tap on the name from the list and select 'Add,' or 'Superset' if you'd like to superset the selected exercises
4. Record your sets, reps, and any other metrics (like any other logged session)
To add more exercises or activities, simply select 'Add Exercise,' add new exercises, and continue logging your session.
Once you've finished your session, select 'Done Training' (pictured above), to end your session and record your intensity, edit the duration if needed, and include any session notes.
Add Exercise to Scheduled Session:
If your coach already has a session scheduled, you can add an exercise to the end of your session from the session overview.
You will also be able add an exercise to the end of your session before your Session Summary.
Create a New Exercise:
While searching through the Exercise Library, you'll also have the option to create a new exercise.
To create a new exercise, select 'New Exercise' from the Exercise Library search.
To setup your new exercise:
- Give the Exercise a unique name
- Choose the parameters you'd like to track
- For lifts, choose reps and weight
- For non-lifts, we'll track the first parameter
- Paste a YouTube video link to include a video
- Select 'Browse YouTube' to search for videos
- To copy a link from YouTube, select the 'Share' option from YouTube, then 'Copy Link'
- Include instructions, tips, or friendly form reminders in 'Instructions'
Once you've included the information above, select 'Create New' to add the new exercise to your Library.
Copy a Custom Session:
Have you created a custom session in the past that you'd like to complete again?
1. Scroll to the session you'd like to copy
2. Select the 3-dot menu, then 'Copy and Paste Session'
2. Choose a day you'd like to paste your session to, then hit 'Select'
You'll also be able to use the 'Add' button to copy a session from the previous date to the calendar day you're currently reviewing.
1. Simply scroll the the date you'd like to add a copied session to, and select 'Copy Session' from the 'Add' menu
2. Choose a session from the dial, and hit 'Select'
Note: As an athlete, you will only be able to copy your own custom sessions, and not sessions that have been provided by a coach.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.