TrainHeroic is now offering free one-week trials for athlete team subscriptions in our marketplace.
Below we'll address commonly asked questions regarding athlete team trials, including:
- Can I opt out of offering a free trial? Can I make it longer or shorter?
- How does TrainHeroic collect payment?
- Why do you collect a credit card in advance? Won’t that stop people from starting a trial?
- How many trials can someone do?
- Can I still use a promo code?
- When will I receive the "Cha-ching" email?
Can I opt out of offering a free trial? Can I make it longer or shorter?
Anyone who signs up for a team is granted a 7-day free trial. This is not optional or configurable.
How does TrainHeroic collect payment?
We collect a credit card when the trial is started. When the trial period ends, the credit card is charged if the subscription is not cancelled. This is a pattern that is familiar to potential customers, as Apple and many other systems use it.
Why do you collect a credit card in advance? Won’t that stop people from starting a trial?
Based on the evidence that is available, the overall best strategy is to collect a credit card when the trial is started. It is true that some people will be turned off by this, but these tend to be less motivated and engaged people to begin with.
Collecting a credit card to start the trial also helps qualify your sales leads, meaning it weeds out uncommitted people so you don’t spend time trying to communicate and otherwise ‘wow’ trials who aren’t good leads to begin with. This will help you focus on people who actually want to be there.
How many trials can someone do?
An account is allowed one trial per team, and 3 active trials.
Can I still use a promo code?
Promo codes are still available. The athlete will enter the code when signing up for their trial, and it will be applied when their card is charged at the end of the trial (if they do not cancel their subscription).
When will I receive the "Cha-ching" email?
Once the athlete's trial has been converted to a paid subscription, you will receive a "Cha-ching" email alerting you of the sale. This will include the athlete's name, email, the Team or Program, as well as the sale amount.
- Becoming a Marketplace Coach: Terms & Payment Information
- Setting Up Your Marketplace Page
- Promo Codes: Incentivize Athlete Sign-Ups with Discounts
- As a marketplace coach, how can I tell when a new athlete starts a trial?
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.