Use the Marketplace Free Trials and Attributions Analytics to track the health and growth of your online business in the Marketplace.
When you're running your online business, it's important to be proactive. Monitor new sales and see where your athletes are converting so that you can put your marketing efforts to good use.
In this article, we'll cover:
- Where to find your Marketplace reports
- Free Trials report
- Applying the Free Trials report to your business
- Attributions report
- Applying the Attributions report to your business
Where to find your Marketplace Analytics:
1. Log into your Coach account from the web
2. Select Analytics & Reports, then scroll down to the Marketplace section
Note: only the account owner has access to these reports. Assistant coaches will not be able to see these features.
Free Trials report:
On this report, you will see trials for all teams that you are selling in the Marketplace. You can sort the team by clicking on the 'Product' tab up top. You can see when the trial started and their current Status.
- Active - they are currently in their trial period
- Converted - the athlete signed up for a paid subscription
- Cancelled - the athlete cancelled their trial
- Set to Cancel - the athlete cancelled their trial, but they are still within the 7-day trial window
In the example above, you'll notice that there is no status for the trial that started on 2021-07-31 because their trial is still live. The status will show up once their trial in complete after 7 days in the August Free Trials report.
The Sale Amount (USD) shows the purchase price of the team subscription. To see your sales and take-home amount, you'll want to check out your Marketplace Sales Report.
Applying the Free Trials report to your business:
Data is great, but it's useless unless you can take action on it. Think about your own experiences when joining a new gym or trying out a new product. Those first few interactions really shape your overall experience and how likely you are to stick with it. Use this Free Trials report as a guide to make sure that you are giving your new athletes some extra attention:
- Give them a fist bump when they complete their first session or post to the Team Feed
- Give shout-outs to new members and thank them for joining you
- Make sure that you're familiar with the Support Center articles for athletes so that you can quickly point them to resources on how to log sessions or update their credit card.
For your own business metrics, you can use the Free Trials report to watch your conversion rate over time. If you notice a drop month-over-month, did you make any changes to your programming or engagement levels on the Team Feed? If you see an increase in that conversion rate, did that relate to any changes that you made as a Coach? Use that information to guide your business and create a base of raving fans.
This report gives you a visualization of where your traffic is coming from over time. You can select a timeframe of Today, Last 10 Days or Last 30 Days as well as select a custom timeframe. Each attribution will show up in a different color so that you can see at a glance where most of your traffic is coming from. Within each channel, you can see how many views your sales pages gets, how many trials, and how many new purchases are made.
If you need a refresher on those Attribution Links, check it out here.
You will also notice the take-home revenue based on attribution. This will give you an idea of which channels to focus your effort on. To see a breakdown of the attribution associated with each sale, you'll want to take a look at your Marketplace Sales report.
Applying the Attributions report to your business:
This report lets you see at a glance where your traffic is coming from. It can give you an idea of which of your efforts are paying off and where you have room to focus more energy. The idea isn't to get traffic from all possible channels, but pick one or two areas and see if you can drive quality leads to the Marketplace.
If you see a spike on your report, check on that channel to see what you posted or sent out that day to drive engagement and consider incorporating more of that type of content in your marketing calendar. You can also use the custom date selection to see traffic during a launch period or while you're running ads on social media.
- Marketplace Analytics: Reviewing Marketplace Sales
- Marketplace Coach Guide: Terms & Payment Information
- For Coaches: Marketplace Matching, Attributions, and Affiliate Links
- For Coaches: Selling Marketplace Teams vs Programs
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.